1. When the heaven is split asunder
2. And attentive to her Lord in fear,
3. And when the earth is spread out
4. And hath cast out all that was in
her, and is empty
5. And attentive to her Lord in fear!
6. Thou, verily, O man, art working
toward thy Lord a work which thou wilt meet (in His presence).
7. Then whoso is given his account in
his right hand
8. He truly will receive an easy reckoning
9. And will return unto his folk in
10. But whoso is given his account
behind his back,
11. He surely will invoke destruction
12. And be thrown to scorching fire.
13. He verily lived joyous with his
14. He verily deemed that he would
never return (unto Allah).
15. Nay, but lo! his Lord is ever looking
16. Oh, I swear by the afterglow of
17. And by the night and all that it
18. And by the moon when she is at
19. That ye shall journey on from plane
20. What aileth them, then, that they
21. And, when the Qur'an is recited
unto them, worship not (Allah) ?
22. Nay, but those who disbelieve will
23. And Allah knoweth best what they
24. So give them tidings of a painful
25. Save those who believe and do good
works, for theirs is a reward unfailing.