1. Woe unto the defrauders:
2. Those who when they take the measure
from mankind demand it full,
3. But if they measure unto them or
weight for them, they cause them loss.
4. Do such (men) not consider that they
will be raised again
5. Unto an Awful Day,
6. The day when (all) mankind stand
before the Lord of the Worlds ?
7. Nay, but the record of the vile is
in Sijjin -
8. Ah! what will convey unto thee what
Sijjin is! -
9. A written record.
10. Woe unto the repudiators on that
11. Those who deny the Day of Judgment
12. Which none denieth save each criminal
13. Who, when thou readest unto him
Our revelations, saith: (Mere) fables of the men of old.
14. Nay, but that which they have earned
is rust upon their hearts.
15. Nay, but surely on that day they
will be covered from (the mercy of) their Lord.
16. Then lo! they verily will burn
17. And it will be said (unto them):
This is that which ye used to deny.
18. Nay, but the record of the righteous
is in 'Illiyin -
19. Ah, what will convey unto thee
what 'Illiyin is! -
20. A written record,
21. Attested by those who are brought
near (unto their Lord).
22. Lo! the righteous verily are in
23. On couches, gazing,
24. Thou wilt know in their faces the
radiance of delight.
25. They are given to drink of a pure
26. Whose seal is musk - for this let
(all) those strive who strive for bliss -
27. And mixed with water of Tasnim,
28. A spring whence those brought near
(to Allah) drink.
29. Lo! the guilty used to laugh at
those who believed,
30. And wink one to another when they
31. And when they returned to their
own folk, they returned jesting;
32. And when they saw them they said:
Lo! these have gone astray.
33. Yet they were not sent as guardians
34. This day it is those who believe
who have the laugh of disbelievers,
35. On high couches, gazing.
36. Are not the disbelievers paid for
what they used to do ?