1. By the night enshrouding
2. And the day resplendent
3. And Him Who hath created male and
4. Lo! your effort is dispersed (toward
5. As for him who giveth and is dutiful
6. And believeth in goodness;
7. Surely We will ease his way unto
the state of ease.
8. But as for him who hoardeth and deemeth
9. And disbelieveth in goodness;
10. Surely We will ease his way unto
11. His riches will not save him when
12. Lo! Ours it is (to give) the guidance
13. And lo! unto Us belong the latter
portion and the former.
14. Therefor have I warned you of the
15. Which only the most wretched must
16. He who denieth and turneth away.
17. Far removed from it will be the
18. Who giveth his wealth that he may
grow (in goodness).
19. And none hath with him any favour
20. Except as seeking (to fulfil) the
purpose of his Lord Most High.
21. He verily will be content.